Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Whose Idea Was This Anyway?




Somewhere along the line, I agreed to a Thanksgiving camping trip in Destin Florida. I am not a big fan of car trips. I deplore them. Nine hours did not seem so bad at the time I agreed, but then I-10 was not closed from Lafayette to Baton Rouge and I was not sitting in the very back between Allie and Caroline to keep the peace (is that motherly love or what?)




So, it is 3:43 PM. we left at 6:42 (15 min late) and we still have about three hours to go. This goes down as a big "what was I thinking?" I was thinking that my kids have been so excited for this it is all they have talked about for weeks. We are going with our usual camping partners, and one family is in our ward. So, we have been the talk of the ward because not only our kids are so excited, but so are theirs.




So, for this, I will sit nine hours in the back of the Suburban packed to the GILLS and enjoy a good ole Chevy Chase style vacation (if you don't get the reference, you are too young!). Just FYI - no Christie Brinkley sightings!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha ha I can just see you in the back seat like you one of the kids. :) I can't believe that YOUR children would cause any grief. Hope y'all have fun.

Jonah said...

How fun! Enjoy. We've had many of those "Vacation" Vacations!!

Melissa said...

How did the beach trip turn out? Knowing you guys I am sure it was fun and full of adventure. :)

shamm said...

Well, the key to any good Christie B. sighting on a trip is that the wife has to be asleep... ;^)

Wait, CB and CB... same initials... hmmmmmm