
It is that time of year. A time I dread when I have a child in the First Grade. Those dreaded turkeys!!! And this time I have two.
Now, this is what gets me. I don't know if you can read the "instructions" but this is a fun "family" project. I DON'T NEED ANY MORE FAMILY PROJECTS! Our family project is trying to keep everyone alive. How do you like that?
Of course, the twins are all kinds of excited to do it. It is not their fault that they were born last. Of course, I hated this the FIRST time it came home.
So, I have decided to let Eric be in charge. Although I am pretty sure that is how either Kelsey or Sophie showed up at school with lettuce and cheese glued as their turkey feathers - yes real lettuce and cheese. This is Sarah's most favorite story about the Pearsons, and is a prime example of my failings as a mother (or maybe it is Eric's failings as a father). Either way, not my our finest moment.
Caroline thinks she is gluing shells to her turkey. She plans on getting the shells from Destin while we are camping over Thanksgiving. Too bad it is due next week.
So, if you are a teacher and you are reading this I implore you. Do NOT send home "fun family projects". Families don't need them, nor do we want them. If I feel the need to do a project with my kids I will. Just not a turkey...
4 comments:
Hey now...not ALL teachers do these kind of projects...I have yet to send one home. But I have to say a turkey is not that bad...compared to sewing a banner, making some costume, making a mole...my list could go on.
Amen sister!!!
carrie, that just makes me laugh. don't worry, i don't send projects home. all i expect parents to do is help them with homework *for 15 minutes and read every night. i hate doing projects, so we don't do them! i love your disdain for them, as well!!!
This blogging thing is addicting...I keep playing with it...
Post a Comment