Friday, November 09, 2007

The Turkeys Are Done



You will not have to hear, or read, me whine about the turkeys ever again. They are done. I will never again be sent home a paper turkey to dress up and have as a "fun family project". I am sure the first grade teachers are cooking up some more family fun for me - I know we have a 100 days of school project still coming (insert your favorite adolescent sigh here - better than your favorite cuss word which is what I was going to say). Notice no lettuce or cheese anywhere.


Caroline's is a Tomball football player, thank you Sarah for the sample (I cut off his cute cleats on his feet) Allie's is Santa Claus. I have the same feeling I had when we did our LAST pinewood derby - one more form of torture I no longer have to endure.


Speaking of enduring, I am already annoyed with the writer's strike. I dealt with the lack of no new TV all summer. Why could they not strike then? Do they now know they are going to put a real cramp in my style?? Because it is, ultimately, all about me.


Last varsity football game tonight and Kelsey is performing at 1/2 time. I have a 10 mile run in the am, so I need my sleep. Texas HS football is fun, so it should be entertaining. It is hot again which means Sophie's 12:30 soccer game tomorrow will be a sweat fest (where is that 800 number?) And we have brownies tomorrow. I need to get to the GS store which is open for 30 minutes every other day, so that should be fun. So, no rest for the weary, just more and more stuff.


Enjoy Friday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate the writer's strike too! Especially when you don't have cable or satellite...we are running on old-fashioned antenna power man! Not a lot of stations/shows to pick from.

The turkeys were worth the effort because the girls look so happy.

Looks like we'll be at DisneyWorld 2nd week of December...snagged a good timeshare rental cheap.

Becca J said...

Nice job on the turkeys :)

What did Kelsey do during half time?

Heather said...

You know Hayden came home with a turkey today that he is supposed to "dress up", I groaned inside and said that's not supposed to be until 1st grade. Hayden wants to do a pirate turkey. :)

Melissa said...

One of these days you are going to have to update your blog again...