Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Little Bragging


I am not really a bragging parent - at least I don't think I am. I love my kids. I think they are beautiful, brilliant and wonderful. But, I don't feel the need to tell everyone how wonderful they are. We all know braggers, and it is not a good look.

Well, I am going to make an exeption to that rule today. I got a phone call yesterday from the principal of the elementary school that went like this:

Mrs P: Mrs. Pearson this is Mrs. P from Lakewood Elementary

Me: (thinking to myself, what did Allie do now? As we all know, a call from the principal is not usually a good thing)

Mrs. P: The reason for my call is a good one. Sophie is our 4th grade A+ student for this year.

I was shocked. I was thinking, did she mean for her class? No, for the entire fourth grade. There is one for 2nd grade, one for 3rd grade and one for 4th grade. She went on to tell me about a special dinner in May for all the district A+ students.

Now, I am not sure if this is based soley on grades, or if citizenship plays into it. I will have to get clarification. It does not really matter. Sophie has worked hard, and this is her reward.

Of course, when we told Sophie she did not believe it. Her response? "But Rachel is smarter than me." Classic Sophie. That is what we love about her.

We could not be prouder! So, excuse the bragging just this one time.

2 comments:

The Duncan Proect said...

Way to go Sophie. Must have been all that time I spent tending her at 6 weeks old.
We went to Parent Torture Conference this week. Spencer's teacher has convinced the kids that a C is truly average. He had a couple and he is totally cool with running in the middle of the pack.

Melissa said...

Way to go Sophie! I am so proud of her!