Thursday, March 29, 2007

Allergy to Thursday Rears It's Ugly Head




Remember my rantings about my allergy to Thursday - what do you mean you have not recorded to memory each and every post of Real Life? Well, today it was back.

The alarm went off. I could hardly roll over to turn in off thanks to my nazi aerobics instructor at the YMCA (I am sure she has no feeling in her thighs) Anyway, in my "got to make the dounts" stumble, I went downstairs and made the lunches. All five. Of course an integral part of that is my first glass of diet coke of the day.

Since I had not read a single blog in over two weeks, I told you I was busy, I decided it was a great time to get caught up. I now feel like I know what is going on in my friends lives, and I was just going up to get in the shower so I could go to the bus stop looking like a real person instead of the "mom" I am right now. I open the fridge to get my second coke of the day, yes it was only 6:50 AM, and that is when I saw it. Four exploded cokes. All over the fridge.

Now, the question is did I miss it earlier? Was I so asleep that I missed the coke splattered fridge? I don't think so, but can't be sure. I avoided my first thought which was shut the fridge, go back to bed and boycott Thursday. The reality is it would still be there when I opened the fridge again. So 45 minutes later I have a clean fridge.

Instead of showering and being a real person, I will go to the bus looking like a hag. Just thought I would share. When your day is not going great just think - at least I did not wake up to four exploded cokes in the fridge!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think all the non-diet coke items in your refrigerator created a hostile environment for your diet coke, consequently the weaker cans decided to explode rather than endure the suffering.

Jane said...

My dad used to do that all the time and somebody else used to have to clean it up. i feel for you.