Monday, March 05, 2007

Birthday Party Wrapup and Allie has Strep

Well, the babies had their party, and fun was had by all. The thing that is the saddest is that I did not get any good pics. Although, I will admit, I did not try very hard. It was very kicked back and easy for me. The only stress was when we opened presents and it was chaos. The two teenaged girls who were running the party for us got overwhelmed and there was no order on the island. Besides that it was six year old bliss.

I should not just say six year old. All three of the older ones wanted to come to the party and not just come, but come and jump. Ryan was out there playing with the kids the entire time. He did such a good job that the owner of the Jumpin Party has given him an application for a job there. See - when you help out and have a good attitude, great things can come as a result. We have to see if his not working on Sunday will be an issue. If it is, then oh well.

Allie kept coming to me with tears in her eyes over stupid things during the party. I chalked it up to being overwhelmed with all the love. You know, it is always the birthday girl or boy who is HORRIBLE at his/her own party. This is just one of the many reasons we don't do parties very often (At age six, this was the first one for Allie and Caroline).

Back on track. One time when she came to me in tears, she felt hot and had the sick eyes. I could not do anything about it, and pretended it was because she was out jumping (plausible I think). Anyway, we came home, took her temp and it was 101. She went to bed. Sat morning she was just fine. Sat night, fell apart again and told me her throat hurt. I looked and the mess of swollen stuff and pus was gross.

So, Sunday morning we were off to the Dr. Yes she has strep. She will not be a school today, but can go back tomorrow. For anyone who was at the party whose child later develops strep - sorry. I am hoping no one will be affected. I am also hoping it does not run the course through the family. I don't have time for strep!

3 comments:

Jonah said...

I love Allie's face in the picture...I can't tell if she's happy or about to burst into tears!!

Jonah said...

I love Sarah's face too. Looks like she's having a good time back there!

Anonymous said...

Illnesses are always conveniently timed for inconvenience, aren't they? I love your response of pinning the flushed face on the excitement of the party. Strep, what a nice party favor idea!