Monday, October 30, 2006

I Love Daylight Savings Time!

At least for the first few days. It gets dark at night and everyone will go to bed a little earlier, even though they complain, it is dark. Then, everyone gets up earlier. It is not as hard to push these folks out of their beds. The only down side is Allie has been up since 5:45 - that will not bode well for tonight.

I used the extra hour yesterday to clean up at least the bottom level of the house. Eric was gone at a Triathlon, so the kids had no one to complain to about having to work. We all worked for a solid hour, OK some of us worked longer than that, and we came home from church to a clean house. I can't tell you the last time that happened. Saturday is so busy with everything going on that we usually don't get any cleaning done, and there is lots of "kids alone" time which only spells disaster for the cleanliness of the house. Now if I can just get to the bottom of the top. Much harder since we have over a month of everyone just shoving stuff in corners since Mom has been gone. It's a project - as if I don't have enough to do.

This is Sophie's Halloween costume this year. Gone are the days when I can talk her into being something nice - everything she wanted to be this year invoved being dead or killing. We settled on the dead goth bride. It works.

Now, why did Allie wake up do you ask? Well, Eric has struck again. Those who know us are aware he has a knack for doing all things I don't approve of while I am gone. Or of bringing other living things into this house when I am not looking. While I was gone last week he got the kids a kitty. Yes, another living, pooping, eating thing. He knew I did not want any animals, but clearly my opinion does not matter. I have said I will not take care of the thing. He will need to take it to the vet and the kids need to handle the daily care and feeding. I am going to hold firm... We will see if I can. Kelsey took some pictures I will have to try and get them. The cat name debate is going on - some like Homer (I am going for creater of Illiad and Odyssey but they are going for father of the Simpsons), some like Cosmo (as in Kramer on Seinfeld), and the little ones think he should be tiger. I guess we will have to see.

Happy Monday
(NOTE posted without picture because of technical difficulties with blogger. I will try photo later)

1 comment:

Jonah said...

I have a confession...I was told about the kitty a couple of days before the arrival, but was sworn to secrecy. I figured it was best to just let you and Eric work it all out!!! ;)