Monday, October 02, 2006

Sisters and Daughters


Here is a picture of all of us. Is there a family resemblance? I don't know. I can see it a little. It is hard when you have to take the old lady factor into account. What can I say? I too was young once.

This will be a busy day since I am getting ready to leave again. This will be a long trip, Tuesday through Saturday. For the most part I can control my travel and it is not too hard. There are times, however, when it is show season and I am gone way too much. This is such a time. I will be gone this week, next week, and some of the week after. Of course, Kelsey is trying to guilt me. Here is our conversation upon my return last week:

Kelsey: Is it true that you are leaving again next week, or is that a rumor?
Carrie: Yes, I am going to Syracuse next week.
Kelsey: So you will be gone again?
Carrie: Yes.
Kelsey: So are we ever going to have a mom again?

As my friend Robert says, Nice. Here is what she is missing - guilt does not work on me. I am very guilt free about most things. Oh well, my orphan kids will just have to survive without me for a week. I am sure it can be done!

No comments: