Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Laurie

Only one more year until you join me in the 40's.  Enjoy it while you can.

I came across some pictures of us the other day.  Although I am the oldest of 10, for many years (10) it was just Laurie and I.  Now she refers to them as the Golden Years.  I will let that stand on its own.









But, for your enjoyment.  Remember it was the 70's, and my mom sewed many of our clothes - most of which matched.  We were the best of friends.






During our teen years, we had our moments.  She called me thunder thighs on a regular basis.  It was ugly.



This is at my wedding - I know was your first clue the white dress?  Laurie picked her dress pattern - I picked the color - peach and sage green (how 80's is that?)  We lovingly refer to this as her Vanna White dress - and she does not really like it.

Just look at us now!

(really big glasses hide lack of makeup)


(at Melissa's Wedding)


(being silly at Melissa's Wedding)

In later life we have renewed our childhood friendship.  Although she lives in CA, we have managed (compliments of T-Mobile) to keep up with each other.  I am grateful she is my sister, and my friend.

So, enjoy this last 30 something birthday!  It's all downhill from here.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Merci! You are a fantastic sister! I am so lucky to have you!!!

Heather said...

Aren't sisters the best, name calling and all :) I can't believe you guys got a puppy! He is so little and cute. How is the potty training going? Are you crate training him? Talk to you soon!