Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sometimes I Don't Love Technology

Remember this:


I love technology sound bite

Well, I have been fighting with technology and lost.  Ryan has a couple of memory cards for his camera - he will take pics on one and then send it to me, and then he still has one to take pictures with - right?  My little brother Steven has done this for a year and a half from Brazil and no issues.

Ryan sent his card with pictures from his first baptism, and other pics from the first month of his mission.  The card became corrupted - not sure how - and everything is lost.  I have spent countless hours trying many different options. Nothing.  I did find a place that thought they might be able to find something - but the cost was $550.  Now, I love the boy, but not that much.

So we lost his first month of his mission pics.  Dangit. And of course his companion was just transferred, so we can't even just try and copy what he had - but I have tasked Ryan with doing that.  From now on we are going with the go to Walmart and put on a CD option.  Lets see if that works better.

In other Pearson news, Allie finished her soccer season.  They did not win a single game, but I can see her skills improving.  That is something.  If she would spend less time telling the rest of the team where they should be playing, and what they should be doing, and focus on what she should do I think she might be more successful.  Oh well.  That is my Allie.  I think the cupcake after the game was as good as playing. 



Allie and Coach Brent who has the patience of Job




Caroline has glasses again.  I say again because in first grade she had them for a slight problem - really she was getting a ton of headaches and we were going for anything that might help. It helped for a while, and we knew she would probably grow out of needing them.  Then she failed her school vision screening twice.  So, off we went to the optometrist, and voilà.  Caroline's new glasses.






She needed a pair for home and a pair for school.  This gave her the opportunity to get two different looks.  That is very important when you are into fashion, as she likes to point out to me.

So, we only have Sophie's soccer left until Christmas.  I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving - where does the time go?  We are heading to Dallas for Thanksgiving with the fam.  What about our traditional White Trash camping?  Well, since both our friends bailed on us, and the girls were horrified at the thought of camping with just us, we are heading up to the Big D.  Should be fun.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

LOVE the glasses!!!