My brother Michael and Erika are actually getting married in April - in Hawaii. Instead of sending an unvite (Seinfeldism), they decided to keep it small with just a few family members. They are getting married on the beach, and I bet it will be beautiful.
But, since most of the clan is not coming to the wedding (which might indeed be the reason they picked Hawaii), we had a little family party for them after Melissa's wedding. It was complete with a shower game (videotape Erika answering questions and then ask Michael other questions to embarrass him - very funny).
They registered at REI. We gave them the tent they wanted. I think they liked it. I asked if they camp alot - Erika tells me they are going to start. Fun.

When Erika first met Michael, it was not football season. What she did not realize, but has now experienced, is what a UT football fan Michael is. Think Fever Pitch. She has now lived it, and still loves him. There is talk of his groomsmen wearing UT orange bow ties at the wedding.
Anyway as a joke, Laurie and I gave Erika a rocking gaudy UT orange crystal longhorn. On an orange leather cord. Being the true sport she is, she donned that necklace and wore it all night.

Hook 'em horns! Congrats Michael and Erika.
No comments:
Post a Comment