Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Happy Birthday Caroline

Caroline turned 8 on Monday. Hard to believe, this little girl of mine is 8.

Caroline is a fashion diva (fashion of her own making). She loves to look at what people are wearing and comment. She has a strong sense of what she likes and what she does NOT. The one things she cannot get - she calls capri pants khakis. Can't get that one through her head. Here she is when told to strike a pose.


Caroline is a very kind sweet little girl. She does not miss anything going on around her - and believe me there is lots going on. She still lives in her own world which caused me to worry about her in the past. Now I know it is just her. Since my mom took me to the doctor when I was little because she was pretty sure I was retarded (true story) I guess Caroline just takes after her weird mom.

Her favorite color is yellow. She loves Chick-Fil-A, Pei Wei, and anything sweet. If she had her way she would watch way too much TV - and she probably does. She loves to play with Allie as much as she can. She does love her littlest pet shop toys, but also spends a lot of time playing games they have made up.

She is having fun with gymnastics. Soccer is not for her, but she still thinks she wants to be a cheerleader (mom does not wish this for her, but mom does not always get to choose).

Caroline is the baby of our family, and likes to play the "I'm too little" card. She told the dentist she could not floss her teeth because she was too young. When she needs to make a sandwich she asks Allie to do it because she is not good at spreading the jelly.

We love our Caroline and can't wait to see what the next eight years bring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spencer also plays the youngest card. Tonight he told me he couldn't take the hot dogs off the George Foreman because they are too hot and he doesn't handle the heat well.
I can't believe it has already been 8 years. I remember traveling in Texas and stopping by the see the twins. Seeing you juggling and multi-tasking with you usual amazing skill was exhausting for me then.