
What a weekend it was! Allie and Caroline were baptized on Saturday the 28th of March. It is bitter sweet to have my last two children make this commitment. I can't believe I no longer have little ones - just these wonderful teens, and pre-teens. But, since this should be about them and not me, I will proceed.
We were so blessed to have so many members of our family make the trip to come to the baptism. We had grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins (not to mention some awesome friends who came to share the day with us). Allie and Caroline asked
Aunt Julie and
Aunt Melissa to give the two talks - one on baptism and one on the Holy Ghost. Actually Caroline's first pick was Uncle Chris, but I figured we might give him more than two weeks in the family before we forced him to speak at a baptism! Thanks for the picture Chris! This is the family who attended.

Both Julie and Melissa did an excellent job in their talks, and they were personal and focused on the girls. It was great. Melissa had great visual aids (see that el ed education has many uses). One of the things she compared the Holy Ghost to was a compass. She asked the girls what a compass was used for. Allie responded, "it was what people used in the olden days to find their way around." You have got to love an 8 year old.
Since Ryan is a Priest, we thought it would be neat to have him baptize the girls. We asked them if that would be OK, letting them know Eric would do it if that is what they wanted. Allie thought it was great. Caroline thought for a second and then said she would like grandpa to do it. I even tried to talk her out of it a little, so it would not be a pain for my dad. But, she insisted. So, we called grandpa and he accepted.
Allie was baptized by Ryan

And Caroline was baptized by my dad, Alan.
It was really sweet to see Ryan baptize Allie. To see my eldest, my boy, fulfilling his priesthood was pretty cool. Of course, having my dad baptize Caroline was very special.
Here they all are together.
Eric confirmed both of them. No one was almost dropped like during the baby blessing - thank goodness they can walk up on their own now!
Then, it was on to the house for some food. Of course, nothing is complete without a Costco cake!

This is a random picture which Chris took and it made me laugh. My mother owns a DS. She carries it in her purse - and she plays with it. She also allows the grandkids to play with it. Here is Allie just after the baptism - already playing DS with Josh, my nephew, and Gracie Farmer looking on.

We then had the opportunity to load many folks up and head to Sophie's soccer game to watch her beat her opponent. Can't beat that - a baptism and a win on the soccer field all in the same day!
7 comments:
I am so jealous I was not there. I am so glad it was such a wonderful day! Tell your girls a special present from me will be on its way...soon.
Ahhh, that's nice. Looks like a great day. BTW, I don't have my own DS, but I did buy myself BrainAge a couple of Christmas ago!
Love it! Can't beat the blue bonnets. It's too bad Caroline doesn't look anything like you... holy smokes!
The blue Bonnets are so full and pretty. Where did you go for the pic? I heard they were not out yet, because of lack of rain.
I am sorry we missed the baptism. Brianne really, really, really, (tears involved) wanted to be there but the older girls had volleyball games that morning out near I-45. Needless to say...Brianne is still ticked off at me for her having to miss the baptism.
Looks like a great day Carrie! I love the girls in the bluebonnets, a very nice photo. Glad it was a great day.
I'm glad we could be there, too. What a wonderful occasion!
What beautiful, BEAUTIFUL girls! It sounds like a wonderful day for your whole family. Congratulations to Allie and Caroline!
Post a Comment