Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Fun


The Jones' came over to our inaugural Memorial Day pool party yesterday, and I think fun was had by all. If spalshing, screaming and eating are any indication, it was a big success.
Here is my question - why is it that when the "dads" get in the pool with the kids the craziness increases instead of the othe way around? A full on pool fight involving the super soaker and many many sloppy balls ensued. At one point it was everyone against Ryan and Parker, and they were just fine with that. Those two have had to learn survival skills early - they are each the only boy child in a family dominated by women folk.

I meant to get a picture of the fun fight, but that would have required me to move off my chair, and I was sunning myself. How is that for the truth?
Check this out. I stole it from Sarah's blog.
She brought awesome Martha Stewart treats. She has announced her intention of making fun cupcakes all summer, and we are on board with helping her eat them.
And what does the dumb man I live with say when he sees these? He turns to me and says, "why don't you ever do anything like that?" Nice....

We ended the evening with the Kennington's swinging by for a quick dip in the pool on their way back from Frisco. It was a great day full of swimming and friends.
Three and a half days of school and counting...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definately steal the cupcake idea. What was the butter and salt and pepper? I wish we lived close to you. Course, I don't know if you could handle "my thighs" stopping by for a swim.

Melissa said...

Those cupcakes are soooo cute! It doesn't surprise me at all that Sarah is that crafty. I see she used jelly beans for the "corn" but what is the butter and pepper.

Jonah said...

Wish we could have joined you! We miss ya'll!