Friday, May 30, 2008

Last Quiet Morning

Really, I am sure I will have lots of quiet mornings because after today all my brood will be home with me. All day long. Wanting to be entertained. While I work. Should make for a LONG summer.

We have spent the week with the end of the year activities. Can I just say I hate the end of the school year? There is TOO much to do. I guess, having five kids is my own fault, but give me a break. Between awards ceremonies, picnics, running to Tomball to get Ryan because his ONLY final was FOOTBALL, trying out for next year's choir...you get the idea.

I wound up my motherly school duties yesterday at the twins picnic. Since Ryan was out of school, I sort of twisted his arm to come with me - it was not that hard to do. Allie and Caroline thought it was so cool their big brother came to their picnics - and all the first grade boys think that Ryan hung the moon. He was the "rockstar" of the picnics. He got out there and played with the kids. At one point I looked up and this is what I saw



Now it is hard to see, but he is the orange dot in the lead, and the rest are all the kids running after him. I missed the best shot when he was out there all on his own with the masses following behind. The Pied Piper of first grade boys (and a few girls). In the end he was drenched in sweat, and the kids loved it.
So welcome summer. Let's hope we all survive!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so cute with Ryan. Ha ha. And sorry about your last morning of piece and quiet. Parents party the first day of school and teachers party the last day of school. :) My piece and quiet has just begun.

Heather said...

What a good brother! I have a few more weeks of peace over here.