Friday, May 11, 2007

When A Dad Is In Charge

I have been in Syracuse all week. I have been in sales meetings and other meetings all week long. It has been long, but clearly easier than it has been at home.

I guess it started on Monday because Sophie had her first practice and Kelsey had a choir concert and Ryan had football. There was a parents meeting for the soccer team, and Eric had to be there with the twins. When I asked if he got what we needed from the meeting he was very snappy to me. "No, I had the babies and they kept having to go to the bathroom and then Caroline has an accident (she pees shes pants). I had to keep dealing with them." I wanted to say, and your point is? Welcome to my everyday. I do need to note that I recieved three calls from the girls Monday night because Eric was being "so mean". I am not sure what I was supposed to do, but they kept calling.

Then came Tuesday. I got a call from Eric that evening. Caroline was coughing when I left, but there are tons of allergens out, so I chocked it up to that. I guess Caroline was sick on Tuesday. So what did Eric do? He brought her to work and laid out some plans on the ground and had her sleep under his desk.(not even a nice built in bed like Costanza's) Yes for real. Then he went to a meeting and had someone watch her.

I asked, does she have a fever? His answer, I think so. She told me she thinks she has strep throat. So, get her to the doctor. Well, that did not fit into his schedule on Tuesday, so he did not get her an apt until Wednesday (after he took her to work again). As all the moms know, if you have strep throat you need to be on the anitbiotics for 24 hours before you can go back to school. So, that meant she could not go to school on Thursday.

Eric's answer? Have Kelsey stay home and take care of her. I am sure it was not much of a hard sell. So, Kelsey and Caroline stayed home on Thursday. There was another soccer practice and I did not hear how that went.

I need to add that there was some kind of bomb scare on the busses, so I kept getting calls during my meeting telling me that the kids were still up at the school and their parent had to come and get them. Eric did not get there until after 5:30 to pick up the girls (minus Caroline who he had at the DR). Then there was a mixup with the prescription card, and it was 9:00 before that girl got her meds.

I am on my way home today. Working a 12 hour shift at the polls tomorrow. Lets think positive thoughts about the bond!! We need a second high school.

1 comment:

Jonah said...

Ohh. I wish I was in town and I would have helped out!!

Just think of all the great stories you have to tell when the kids get older!!

I got calls from Rachel the first night I was gone too...she was concerned that Jared was being to mean to Seth--making him eat food he didnt' like.