




I love GMA. I have watched it for years - from the Charlie Gibson and Joan Lunden days. Many have tried to get me to convert to the Today Show - and with Meredith it was tempting, but I have stayed true to GMA.
I figured we were in NYC, why not go for the taping? Now, if I was smart I would have looked into tickets, but since I wing my whole life this was not exception. I took the only two who wanted to get up early enough (Ryan and and Sophie), and we caught the first bus into the city. Now, this was at 6:50 and since we did not make it before the taping of the show I did not have a lot of hope we would get on camera, or in studio.
When we arrived, even the folks who were standing outside had been there since 6:30 in the am and the set was closed inside. Being the big mouth I am, I started working one of the security guys. We were able to get behind a shot outside and you can sort of see Sophie, but you really have to look. She was standing behind Robin Roberts.
Then the area cleared of the outside stuff. I found my friendly security guy, started talking and before you knew it we were in the studio. They stuck Sophie up front because, "they like to put the kids up front." We were in for the bridal and the weight loss segments, just in case you watched.
We did not have time for photos in the studio, but they kicked us out to do the ending outside. It was a mob scene of people and we could not get close to my friends, Diane, Robin, Sam and Chris.
I knew where the stage door was, so before the show ended we planted ourselves outside the door and voila pics with the stars. Now, we had gotten one of Chris earlier because he was doing a segment outside when we arrived. As you can see, all my friends posed for pics. They were all very nice and patient.
Kudos to Laurie and Rich who did not get snappy with me when I called them at 6:00 am their time to ask to tape the show so we can see because, you see, I had planned to DVR GMA the whole time I was gone just in case, and did not.
After our GMA fun, we met up with Kelsey, Eric and the babies and walked to the NBC store, American Girl Place (for the second time) up 5th Ave., across central park and to Lincoln Center to see the Manhatten Temple and eat lunch. The kids were wiped out, so we took the subway to Chinatown where, after three blocks, they gave up. Back on the subway to Times Square to Port Authority to get a bus back to the hotel. It was a great day, and a great vacation.
I will have to fill in the gaps of the first day and the last day later. We are homeward bound tomorrow!!
4 comments:
How awesome!!! Can't wait to hear about it all!!
Wow, Carrie you are famous! Sounds like a fun trip, New York is such a cool city. I'm glad you got to meet your people on GMA.
So cool Carrie! Love the photos. What a fun vacation!
No wonder you are in sales. How often does talking to a security guard really pan out. Beautiful photos that will long be remembered.
Post a Comment