


I realize no one will be reading this since it has taken so long to update, but oh well. It has been wild and crazy!!
Right now I am coming to you live from Seacacus, NJ. As usual, I am the only one awake - everyone else is asleep. And as usual I am doing laundry. Wait - is this vacation or home? Actually we are having a blast.
The trip started off not so hot. I flew out with the babies on Continental and Eric and the older kids flew on American. Since I was flying alone with the little ones, and I was going to rent the car alone with the little ones, we decided I would leave all the luggage with Eric to bring with him. He would arrive, get the bags and I would pick him up in the car. A perfect plan...
Well, Eric and the kids got caught in a good ole Texas storm when coming out. I arrived, rented the car and found out they were still in Houston because the DFW airport was closed. They did make it to DFW, but their ability to get out that day, Thursday, was in question. The only flight they could be confirmed on was Friday at 5:00 PM. That would mean they would miss the graduation parade, think not floats and bands, but marching and drilling. We wanted to make that because it was supposed to be cool. So, the kids really wanted to come in on Thursday.
Eric chummed up the gate agent and they went from 20 on the standby list to 7-10. They were the last ones on the plane. Now, said plane was supposed to arrive at 9:00 PM, but due to delays did not arrive until 12:49AM. I arrive bleary eyed at 1:15(since I had started my day at 4:30 AM) only to find out we have no bags. The crack AA staff tells Eric it will be on the next flight which will arrive in 30 min. Well, said plane arrives and you guessed it no bags. We drag ourselves to the hotel and arrive at 3 AM.
Luckily, my sisters had the little ones, but they were leaving at 7:00 AM to go to the not so much floats but marching parade. So, I had to go and entertain the troops until we could raise the dead and head up to West Point. We got there after the parade, but that is OK because we then got the Patrick Linford tour of WP. We were stinky in our same clothes, but that is OK. It was HOT, so stink was relative.
The pictures are a couple of the glimpses into WP (they are not edited, just raw so not perfect but fun). The group shot is all of us looking out over the Hudson River at WP. The dining hall looks just like the dining hall at Hogwarts. Ryan and Patrick are standing in front of some cannon (there are lots).
It was a great day and we were able to have fun getting a glimpse of the beautiful campus, and cadet life. Our bags did finally arrive at 11:00 PM. Good think because we had to leave our hotel at 5:30 AM for graduation. More on graduation, and our post WP NYC trip later.
3 comments:
Carrie! My sister Julia got me started on blogging! Now I can stay caught up with you, so when I come home I'll know whats going on! Sounds like the Pearson family is busy and fun as ever! ttyl!
Glad you are having fun, thanks for the update.
I spent a bit a time at WP years ago when I dated the 1st Leiutenant. That should impress you (or if not you someone). The 1st Leiutenant is the equivalent of WP's student body president. The beauty of the campus brings back some great memories for me.
Good to have you back on the blog.
Post a Comment