Friday, August 11, 2006

It Happened


It happened. I knew at some point it would, but I have been avoiding dealing with it. I was at Costco buying a coke, you can't beat $.88 for 44 oz, and I saw a really cute little girl, about two with pigails. She had big blue eyes and it hit me - I will never have again have a cute little two year old with big blue eyes. I even had to blink back a few tears. Now don't get me wrong, I am estatic that my babies, and yes we do indeed refer to them as the babies, are going to kindergarten. I have been waiting for the day I can put all 5 kids on the bus and waive goodbye. The beautiful yellow vehicle leaving me with quiet.

But, that also means no sweet little moments with these little ones who have not been jaded by the big mean elementary school. What can I say it is a Cybil moment. One the one hand, total excitement, on the other a little sadness. I guess that life is made of these bittersweet moments. It is that whole progression thing. It gets me everytime.

No comments: