
These were the conditions under which I attempted to go and run this morning. What was I thinking? I kept waiting for Sarah to call and tell me she couldn't make it so I could try and go back to sleep. She didn't call, and I went. It wasn't pretty, but it is done. Next week we are up to five miles already. Don't the Champions people know it is hot out there?
This picture has nothing to do with running, or heat. But it gives me hope that it might cool off at some point. This is when living in Houston is hard. You are sick of the heat and humidity and you have one more month of really bad, then it gets better. This picture was taken last "winter" when the subdivision brought in some snow for the kids to play in. It was an unseasonably hot day and all the parents are in shorts, and the kids are in hats and gloves because come on it is snow. My kids keep asking to go and see snow for real. One of these days we will have to give in and take them.
Here is to hoping the next month goes quickly, and the cool comes at last!
No comments:
Post a Comment