I was young when Ryan was born - we were in Provo, Utah. Eric was in school. I worked at Dynix and we were so excited to have our first baby. We had him in the baby factory which is Utah Valley Regional Hospital.
![]() |
| Ryan's First Picture, August 5, 1990 |
Here he is looking all creature like - newborns are a little crazy looking. We brought him home, and began our life as parents.
Can I just say, he was a beautiful little boy??? Cause he was.
![]() |
| Ryan age 2. |
21 years later, and countless mistakes, happy times, crazy times, and wonderful memories later, this boy of mine turned 21. This picture was taken on his birthday. My wonderful friend, Pia Jones drove all the way to Perry, Ut and surprised him with a cake, balloons, ice cream, Dr. Pepper (you can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the boy), and everything he needed for a great birthday party. Thanks for covering my inability to get a present sent out for him...
![]() |
| Elder Pearson on his birthday August 5, 2011 |
He was able to attend a baptism on his birthday for someone he has been teaching. I would say a great way to spend your birthday when you are a missionary.
I am so proud of the man he has become. I am grateful our "experiment" child (because let's be real, first children are an experiment - I am one so I know this is true) was able to overcome my shortcomings as a mother and grow and develop to be a strong, intelligent, giving, kind, funny, and a little bit crazy person.
I am SO VERY happy that in 15 days he will return home, if only for a few days. The sad thing for me is he really will never be "home" again. He will go to school, get married and have a family of his own (maybe a cute little boy that will look just like him). This is what is supposed to happen, and I guess I am supposed to be happy about it.... Still working on that.



2 comments:
Ahhh, I love that picture of him when he was 2! I can't believe he is almost home! Yippeee for you! Happy Birthday Ryan!!
Wow, Carrie. Crazy how time just marches on and on, isn't it? Can't believe he'll be home next week! Congratulations to Elder Pearson and all of you on a job well-done. When he gets to Provo, I have a niece he should meet!
Post a Comment