Friday, August 26, 2011

We Are Band Parents

Tomball Memorial High School had their first football game last night.  This is a brand new school.  TMHS has opened with 9th and 10th grade students only. This means that they only have JV football - and a smaller band/drill team/cheerleaders.  The band will play at the JV games.  But that is OK - it is WHY we wanted to open a second high school.

Sophie is our first child who has been in band - both Ryan and Kelsey did choir.  She is now a freshman, and that means marching band.  We had a child play football - well we had a child on the football team.  As we were walking into the game, I turned to Eric and said we are now band parents...  We need to sit by the band!

Sophie had a blast.  I knew the band had fun but I never paid that much attention.  They dance in the stands.  They laugh.  They enjoy the game for reasons other than football.

Of course, I had to embarrass her and take LOTS of pictures.  Here are some of my faves.


On the field before the halftime show began.

Part of drum line - Sophie is the snare on the right.

Playing AND moving...

Exiting field... 

Snare line - there are 3 of them.

Playing in the stands.

Sophie in the stands - does anyone else think she looks like my sister Megan here?

She humored me for about 3 seconds.

Playing for the drill team.

Oh - and there was a football game going on.
  TMHS won.  The band did great - well, I know NOTHING about band, so I think they did great.  Sophie had fun.  This is what being in the marching band is all about!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah she totally looks like Megan. I dont understand band uniforms that look like they are huge on the kids.

Danielle said...

Long sleeves...looks a little like winter clothes. UGH she must have been so hot! :(