Tuesday, August 30, 2011

He's Home!

Elder Pearson made it home yesterday afternoon - and he is back to being just Ryan Linford Pearson.  He was released last night.  I had my whole family under one roof for the first time in 2 years.  It was great.

We were all at the airport waiting for him - and we had the Brooklyn Bodle, the Gatlins and Nancy Smith join us (Brooke is of course like one of us, and the others both of their sons are currently serving missions and were Ryan's good friends in the Ward).  I turned the photography duties over to Kelsey, and while she missed a few critical pictures, it is all good.

We spotted him.

This is what he could see - besides us waiting for him.



Nancy Smith made this poster for him.
 What we don't have pictures of is the twins taking off and running and jumping into his arms, then Kelsey, then mom, then Sophie and then dad.  All of us standing in a group hug.  ALL of us with tears in our eyes.


The Pearson Clan
We were so grateful my dad made the trip down to see him.  It was great to have him here, and he was able to be there when Ryan was released.


Elder Pearson and the Gatlins

Elder Pearson and Nancy Smith

Kelsey - glad to have her big brother home!

Sophie with Ryan under the sign she made for him!

Caroline and her big brother!

These two are very smiliar...

First stop after getting released?  Lupe Tortilla.

Certificate for two years of service.
 It is great to have him home - even if it is just for a few weeks!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats to Ryan and you guys! Looks like it was a super exciting day. Have fun!

shamm said...

Very exciting for you guys Carrie. I must admit though, that Eric's shirt sort of stole the show... ;)

Enjoy your Boy!

Laurie said...

Welcome home Ryan! What an exciting day. Did you sleep better than you have in 2 years? PS you look great!!!

Julia said...

Reading this with tears in my eyes for you. I was thinking about you all day. I'm so happy for you guys!

Becca J said...

I've been waiting for this post! Congrats on having your boy home :). I'm happy for your family, I'm sure y'all are all so proud! Fun to see pics of the Gatlins and Nancy too.