Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Is Over

Where has the time gone?  Didn't school just end?  That is what it feels like.  I feel like we did not really do anything this summer - but then I think about what we did accomplish. (Maybe not so much accomplish, as particpate...)

Lakewood Ward Girl's Camp 2011

Kelsey, Jordyn and Sophie at Jordyn's graduation - June 2011
Time with cousins - including our new cute cousin Lucas.



Sophie, Shelby, Kelsey and Jenna June 2011.

Sophie and Lucas, June 2011.

And a July 4th Fun Run which Eric was taking really serious...  Too bad he did not have any competition.  It was fun for Eric, Catherine and Sophie to run.


Getting ready to run - July 2011.
 This will always be the summer Sophie grew taller than Kelsey, and Caroline ALMOST grew taller than Kelsey...



I am not sure why, but my lately my camera seems to have a lot of "photo shoot" pictures on it....  not taken by me, I might add...





I don't even know.....
Both Kelsey and Sophie went to EFY in Provo - Sophie went with Rachel, and Kelsey with Kim.  Both LOVED it. 




Fun Times over...We are back in the swing of activities - soccer practice, cross country practice, and this year we have added marching band.....  One week left until the real fun begins - early morning seminary, the big "intermediate school", football games, cross country meets, soccer games....  and the beat goes on.

And, in the world of Kelsey, 18 more days until she takes her driving test.  Let's keep our fingers crossed - she has to learn to parallel park the Yukon.....

Why does the last week always have to be filled with crazy shopping, preparing, and general energy draining activities which make me question my choice of motherhood?  Don't know, but it does.  And this year will be no exception.  So, let the "week before school" preparations begin!

No comments: