Sophie is an outdoor kind of girl. She loves to be outside. Her biggest punishment is being stuck inside all day. She has wanted a skateboard since she could ask for one. Now, I have a sort of irrational fear of skateboards. I once had to attend the funeral of a 12 year old boy in our ward who died riding a skateboard. That was all I needed to know I did not like them.
But, she has persisted. She has begged. When we were in California over the summer, Stacey's daughter Michaela had a ripstick. Sophie, of course loved it. It is like a skateboard, but you have to move from side to side to get the thing to move forward. I guess I finally succumbed to the pressure, and for her birthday Sophie got a ripstick.
Needless to say, she was thrilled. Here is her first attempt at riding it.
The last picture from her birthday. Sophie is really cute, but wears DANG soccer tee shirts every day. It is a problem. I got her a cute tee shirt for her birthday - this is the only picture I could find of it. We also got the dog "fixed" on her birthday, so he has his nice cone on! You can't really see the shirt well - I will have to attempt another picture.
She has not had a chance to ride it a whole lot more, because it has been COLD. Like 30 degree cold for a very long time. I can handle the overwhelming heat in the summer - I don't like it but I can handle it. What I can't handle is the COLD - sitting at 3 soccer tournaments in a row in the frigid temps is NOT my idea of fun. Dang groundhog... I WANT SPRING.
Enough of my temper tantrum. Needless to say, she will love the ripstick. I expect her to use it a lot and I expect to worry the whole time. It is the mom in me.




3 comments:
My boys love their rip stick! It takes more co-ordination than I have!
rip-stick. Josh broke his arm with one. Enjoy.....
You should have called it a temperature tantrum. Sophie will be fine. At least she isn't street lugeing like her crazy uncle did in high school.
Post a Comment