Thursday, January 21, 2010

What Are They Teaching My Children?

The twins have decided we needed a recycling bin at our house.  I discovered this when I saw this sign.




Here is the actual bin (they went all out).




Now, don't get me wrong.  I don't hate the environment, although I have been known to say things like I hate the environment.  To me, the whole environmentalist crap is crazy.  It reminds me of Al Gore, and that makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.  I drive a big car.  I like my big car.  I don't recycle my diet coke cans even though we drink A LOT of it.  If someone came to my house to pick them up, I might.  Too much work otherwise.  I don't bring my own bags to the grocery store.  I could go on, and on.

But, now my kids go to school where they are under the influence of others.  So, a recycling bin made of a Hot Chocolate box it is.  'Cause even though I don't care about recycling paper, I do love those twins of mine!



2 comments:

Becca J said...

Haha - next they will be tree-huggers.

What grade are they in?

Liz Autry said...

Ryan has been asking a lot about this as well. Always bugging us about not recycling! Silly boy...