
Sophie wears headgear when she plays. I could go into the long explanation, but basically she is small, soccer players get more concussions than football players, and her trainers have told her she has to wear it (thank goodness, because Mom does not know what she is talking about). So we have a new expression in our house - Fear The Gear. It makes her mad, which only adds to the joy.
Some pics from her tournament over the weekend.

And just to prove I am truly a crazy soccer mom, here is a series of pics of a slide tackle. Now, not to brag, but Sophie has an awesome slide tackle - it is always all ball and she has never been called for a foul. So, for your viewing enjoyment:



5 comments:
sweet action pics! I think that head gear looks pretty intense ;)
love the slide tackle! I never was brave enough to do that though ... :)
I have never had that level of fearlessness in my life. I wish...maybe if I could find a soccer league with over 70's and disguise myself.
Sophie, you are so cool!
Nice tackle Soph-- that's the best part of soccer :)
LOVE IT! Remember when the girls were like 9 and the ref yelled at Rachel for tackling!! I wish she were as agressive now... and if anyone can pull off the head gear it's Sophie!
P.S. this is becky not jared, but I'm too lazy to sign him out and me in...
Post a Comment