Sunday, June 07, 2009

Oh and He Graduated Too

What a day June 6th was. Our day started early with a trip out to College Station to see Ryan graduate from HS. It was nice because Lisa Nicholas (from the Tomball Ward) is the President of the school board and she was able to give him his diploma.










We had tons of family make it in for the graduation - thanks to everyone who came. It made the day fun.


All those girls were so excited to see big brother graduate.





This is Eric's sister, Karen, and her husband Steve (with grandson Tristan). When Ryan was little and I was working, Karen watched him. He LOVES his Aunt Karen. She is one of those rare people who just loves all kids and they love her. I call her a baby whisperer (and small child for that matter). All my kids have loved being with her, but I think because Ryan spent so much time there, he has special feelings for Aunt Karen (oh and Steve too!) It was so great of them to make the trip from Athens.

This is Melissa and her husband Chris. Chris served as photog for the weekend. Thank you Chris! It was nice to have him do that.




The proud grandparents - wasting away both of them. He is the first grandchild to graduate!



The Linfords - my brother Matt, his wife Julie and their kids Josh, Jenna and Shelby. Doesn't Julie look like a model with the wind blowing her hair?





The whole crew. Thanks for coming!


Oh - and if that was not enough (emotionally speaking) after Ryan graduated, and we got his call, Sophie flew (by herself) to Utah for BYU soccer camp and to spend time with Rachel and the Hansens. It was a little scary for me to put her on the plane alone (although the $150 I paid for her to fly alone should have bought some peace of mind). I can't handle all my babies growing up! She made it and Aunt Megan picked her up at the airport. Thanks Aunt Megan!

1 comment:

MarlaKD said...

So this is the Summer of Ryan! Congratulations for all of his recent excitement!

And I hope Sophie is having great fun! I miss her in singing time. She's off to YW by the Sr.Primary gets to me. :(