Eric and I both went and faced the heat - yes it was 72 degrees and HUMID - and ran our long runs with our running group. The good news is we are starting the taper, and we are ready to run the Houston Marathon (and 1/2). It really took everything out of me, so I was not much good the rest of the day.
Eric, on the other hand, had to step up since he was speaking in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. He wrote his talk, and then he and Ryan went to the Texas State Championship football game. I am always torn because I do think it is great that he and Ryan do this together every year, but that means he still has not done ONE minute of Christmas shopping. This will force him to go out on Christmas Eve, when I would rather have him home, and he will buy stuff just to buy stuff. Some things will never change.
In case you missed his talk, there were moments of Michael Scott (like lying about his father taking away all his gifts), but he did a great job. He had the kids paying attention at first with talk of presents and Santa. During the talk he talked about things we do before Christmas - like make cookies - and he added maybe you will make some for Brother Pearson. Begging for cookies (also very Michael Scott). Nice.
Well, some of the folks in our ward must have listened. We have had two cookie drops the last two nights. One family, the Popes, went way overboard. Look what they brought us

(do you love how Eric took this picture and did not try to clean off the counters before snapping the picture?)
So, thank you to the folks who have brought us treats. Maybe Eric should beg for them every year! Today includes a movie, decorating sugar cookies (all of which were baked by Kelsey and Sophie), and get the gingerbread made for houses!
Have a happy day.
2 comments:
Looks great...I thought at first you had a HUGE martha moment...pls post your cookies!
I didn't realize you were both training for a marathon. WHOA! I'm impressed.
Hope yall had a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment