Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Happy Birthday Laurie!


Ok so it was on Sunday, but I still within the birthday week which works if you are a Linford!

My little sis is 38! Now I have outed her. She is pushing 40 - it happens to the best of us. Laurie is a great sister and friend. She was my best playmate when we were little - under 10. As we became teens, we still loved each other but had funny ways of showing it (like how she always called me "thunder thighs" - we wonder why I have body issues it is all her fault). As adults, we have been able to recapture that closeness we shared as young kids.

While we were camping, Caroline threw up all over herself - and slept right through it. When Laurie and I were little, she threw up all over me and I slept through it - and I still love her!

We shared a room for years, and created such elaborate games. We thought we were so sneaky and our parents had no idea what we were doing. Our favorite time of the week was Friday night - that is when the Donny and Marie show came on and we would gather our albums and bring them in for visual aids. Fun times.

Even though she lives in California, we try to get together and have fun as often as we can. She even drove all the way to San Jose to take me to my conference a couple of weeks ago so we could spend time together.

The first picture is our favorite picture of ourselves (does that sound vain?) We were at our peak. It was at Matt and Julie's wedding. Pre-twins for me. Pre-Jonah and Rebekah for her. It has been downhill since then.


This is Laurie crawling into my sweatshirt because she did not have one! A typical second child - not prepared at all!


Happy Birthday Laurie!



1 comment:

Julie said...

Not to make this about me, but that peak you both had was very intimidating for me. You had 3 kids and were 32 with a six pack and Laurie with her 2 and very skinny. Coming into the family with the bar set so high, I wasn't sure if I could hack it! You both are still gorgeous, I just wanted to agree with you on the pic posted of my wedding.