And that is an accoplishment this week. The last week of school before a break is always crazy - the older kids have finals, the little kids have parties, and I had a trip to Dallas.
I had a meeting yesterday. It was the twins Christmas party. I told them I would not make it because I had to go to work. Allie COMPLETELY fell apart. On the floor. Real tears. You have to come Mom! Then she asked for Dad. Well, Thursday is his crazy day at work, and he could not make it. I then offered up Ryan - and that seemed acceptable. And being the good guy Ryan is, he attended both Christmas parties to play parent for the twins before he went to work! Thanks Ryan.
In days past, only the room parent and one helper were ALLOWED to attend the party. No more. Dang I miss those days.
As I landed last night at the same gate I had taken off from 14 hours earlier, I was happy to be home and glad today is Friday! Now we can move on the cookie baking, gingerbread house making, and other fun traditions that make Christmas feel like Christmas.
But first a 12 mile run in the morning....What was I thinking?
Happy Friday!
5 comments:
Aww Ryan is such a good guy!
You will survive...because you are skinny unlike moi...Ryan is great!
12 miles! You go girl! I miss running outside... stupid snow :)
we might need you on our ragnar team. are you available feb 27-28? I'll keep you posted.
Quit bragging about the 12 miles. I couldn't run to the mailbox and back right now.
Don't you love when your oldest child starts turning into a giving adult?
Post a Comment