Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Before the race
I have been wanting to run a 5K as a family - everyone is old enough to do it now, and I thought it would be a fun tradition to start.  I knew we needed to train with Caroline, but I knew she could do it.

Well, Eric found a race for this morning - the Race for the Pennant.  It started and ended at Minute Maid Stadium.  We figured this out about 1 week ago, so no training for Caroline - but I ran/walked with her and she was a total trooper.  Kelsey ran with Allie and Eric and Sophie ran together.

All pics from Eric's cell phone.  Not too bad for a cell.  This one was Kelsey's idea - Eric was too cool to put his chip on his shoe, he left it on his bib.  Nice Eric.


Everyone finished and had a good time. We do need to work up to it and train some more for next time, but I think it will be a fun tradition to do as a family. We just need to convince Ryan to run when he gets home....



After the race - it was hot and humid, but we did it!


1 comment:

Megan said...

Watch out world!