Saturday, May 14, 2011

Laura and Steven Linford

Steven and Laura
My youngest brother tied the knot on April 9, 2011. The wedding was in the San Diego Temple which required a trip to sunny CA. I went out the week before the wedding for work, and the Eric flew in for the wedding.


We were only missing two siblings, so a fun time was had by all. There was laughing, playing and of course the wedding. The wedding was beautiful, and the San Diego Temple is just gorgeous. It was a little cold, but hey, it is better than the heat of Houston!


Michelle, Melissa, Big Al, Carrie and Megan at the beach
 It is hard for me to believe Steven is married. We are 21 years apart – he was born after Eric and I were married, hence the joke Eric is more a part of the family than Steven is. He and Ryan are 16 months apart, and it many respects grew up more like brothers than uncle/nephew. Steven was going to live with Ryan when Ryan returned from his mission – I guess that won’t be happening…. I have always felt very maternal towards Steven – not really his mother, but more than just a sister. When he was younger he would come to our house and enjoy being the oldest not the baby. I think in many respects he still considers himself the girls older brother – and he watches out for them and tries like the rest of us to keep Kelsey in line…



Steven chose a wonderful mate in Laura. She is funny, easy to be with, and does not feel intimidated when she is in a room full of Linfords – and that is a feat. They seem to balance each other in a wonderful way.

I think what was hard is the realization that could be Ryan soon. My eldest son could, and most likely, will be married in the next few years. How crazy is that??? I am not sure I am ready for that. How are you supposed to stop thinking as your son as your baby, and allow him to go and fall in love with some other woman?? I guess I will have to find that out – lucky for me I have at least four more months with him safely tucked away on a mission.

Since the wedding was in California, Laurie and Richard brought all their kids. Matt and Julie also brought their kids, we were the only meanies who came alone, so the cousins had tons of fun. Notice how they spent the time after the wedding waiting around for pictures.



When you are bored you roll down the hill, duh.

Steven and Laura with the Linford Grandchildren who were there - everyone but the Pearsons.

I think Jonah liked the cake!
I am grateful to be a part of a large family. I am glad my children have the influence of so many wonderful aunts and uncles who help Eric and I as we try and raise them. I appreciate the insights they can give, and how they care about all those Pearson kids. When you go to a wedding, and see everyone together, it makes you realize family is truly what matters the most. We were missing Crazy Uncle Patrick who was being tortured at the time, special forces selection, and Rich Uncle Mark who was getting richer in NYC (could not get away from work). However, to get 8 of the 10 of us at the same place at the same time was pretty wonderful.

The Linfords and the Weeks (Laura's Family)

So, congratulations Laura and Steven. Who will get married next? We still have single Linfords, and the grandchildren are reaching marriage age… Only time will tell.

3 comments:

shamm said...

Only from Houston will you get comments that SD was a little cool... :D

Julia said...

Man..you guys are SO busy!! Looks like a great time!

Heather said...

Can't believe he got married! Crap! I need to talk to you more.