Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Trim The Tree

This is our first year to do the Christmas thing when everyone is not here.  It is a little sad. I have threatened to cancel Christmas, but we all know I won't really do it.  Thus we had to undertake the trimming of the tree.

I have had a tree for a long time - I got it when I was pregnant with Sophie.  I wanted a pre-lit tree, and these were the days BEFORE pre-lit trees.  So, I pre-lit it myself. 



As each year went on, I had to spend more and more time dealing with the tree to get it up and working each year.  Last year I almost gave up, but we pushed through and used it for Christmas.

This year Eric wanted a real tree - he wanted the real tree smell.  Well when he went I guess he discovered he did not want the real tree price.  He came home with a smaller tree, which he announced would go upstairs or somewhere else and we could get the other tree out.

This is what the bottom half of my other tree looked like.




It is supposed to be in one piece.

So, we have kept the smaller tree downstairs as our tree this year.  I will go and get a tree next year -  I am thinking the Costco tree looks good.

Since the tree was smaller, there was not room for all the ornaments.  I decided not to hang Ryan's ornaments since he is not here.  There is one however...





When Ryan was 4 or 5, he went somewhere with my Mom  to a class she taught.  I am not sure where or why, but they made these ornaments.  I have tried for years to throw it away - I mean come on.  It is a raisin box.  But he LOVES it (maybe because I want to throw it away).  He won't let me.  So, in honor or Ryan, we have it hanging on our tree.




And the tree is trimmed.

No comments: