The prediction for Houston is snow. That is all ANYONE has been talking about. I have seen a few flurries, but not much yet. The poor kids are at school and will not be happy if they don't get to see the snow.
All the talk of snow brought me back to the beginning of our marriage. We were both students at BYU. We needed to work. I had a job, at a little flower shop which is now a hot dog stand (I think) and Eric wanted an on campus job since we lived in the ghetto (seriously it is not even there anymore - it was grazed for a mall) and we only had one car.
Back then, on campus jobs were hard to come by. But he got one. With the grounds crew. It was hard work, but he seemed to like it. Until the snow hit. Cause they would call you at 3:00 am and tell you to come to work to shovel snow. And if you did not answer your phone, you were automatically fired. Nice huh? So we did not like snow not only for the mess, but Eric did not enjoy being pulled out of bed at 3:00 am.
But we all survived. Now we live somewhere where it does not snow - a point which the girls do not appreciate, but I LOVE. Poor Ryan is getting his fill of snow now!
If we get some good snow, maybe I can get some good pictures. More later.
1 comment:
I love to hear success stories of "back in the day when we were poor college students". My favorite part about yours, is you now live somewhere where it DOESN'T SNOW! It's not really snowing here right now, but it's freakin cold!
Post a Comment