Friday, December 11, 2009

Caroline's Christmas List

Like kids everywhere, Allie and Caroline put together a Christmas list.  It included all kinds of crap being advertised on all the kid stations.  Caroline did add one item which really touched my heart.



Number 16, in case you can't read Caroline, is time with Ryan.  The ongoing question/debate around here is how much time the kids will get to talk to Ryan.  For those who don't know, we only get to talk to Ryan, our missionary, twice a year - Christmas and Mother's Day.  Each time we have about an hour, so that time is precious.

As the person who brought him into this world, I think it is my right to take as much time as I want.   When I saw on Caroline's list she wanted time with Ryan, it brought tears to my eyes (not hard to do these days).  We all miss him, and sometimes I forget the little ones miss him too.  Kelsey and Sophie are more verbal about missing him.

So, I will share my time with everyone - and we will let Caroline get her time with Ryan.

Side note - Kelsey announced a couple of days ago that even with Ryan gone, the whole blog is still about him...  The fairness fairy strikes again.

No comments: