A shocker I know. I am not a tag kind of gal - I think I might have done one. Yesterday at bookclub we were talking about journals, letter writing, etc and how important it is. Even crazy tags. I saw this on Julia's blog, sorry it is private, and thought what the heck. It is either this or work, so I decided to write about my favorite son (before you think I am playing favorites he is my ONLY son). This is about your firstborn, and for me it means going back in the dark recesses of my already mentioned old mind. Oh, and this is from facebook...
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes - who do you think I am?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Honestly? At first I thought oh crap I have ruined my life (since I felt this way with each pregnancy it is not a slam against Ryan). After I told Eric and he was so excited, it helped me get excited.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Home test. Peed on a stick.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Eric
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Well, yes but only two days before he was due because I had a non-stress test because he was 10 days late.
9. DUE DATE? July 26, 1990
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Potatoes. All kinds. Baked, fried, hash browned, you name it.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Not sure. I am sure I was emotional. There was the time I came home to find rattle snake bones and guts all over my kitchen... Ask Eric. I was annoyed then.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy - the Boy as we refer to him around here.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Sort of. I really wanted a girl, so I knew it would be a boy because my life is like that. Althougth once he was here I could not have been happier.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 30 pounds
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about it.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No. He just would not come out!
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Too many. Labor started Friday night. We went to hospital Saturday morning. Got sent home from hospital. Went back 12 hours later saying I was not leaving this time. He was born Sunday at 2:00 PM
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Eric.
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Eric - and my friend Wendy was there which was a good thing because he was not so into helping with the pushing and the such. And he was not forceful enough when I needed an epidural...
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes when Eric finally got someone in there...
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 pounds 7 ounces.
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? August 5, 1990 10 days late!
29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Ryan Linford Pearson. He was actually Cole for a few hours - God's joke on me since I thought people who waited to see their children to name them were crazy becuase they all look like lizards. Well, he too looked like a lizard, but not a Cole lizard, but rather a Ryan lizard.
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 18 years and 6 months and leaving me soon :(
Dang, now I have to get back to work!
3 comments:
That was fun. #9 - July 26th is a great day for a birthday... #12. LOL!!!!! Tears in my eyes. that is still to this day, one of the best stories EVER. #14 - same as with me! :D #22 I think I recall him telling me he would leave and roam the halls for a while and by time he got back another nurse would have come in and taken care of it...wiley male tricks!! :D
That was fun to read! That's funny what you said about babies all looking like lizards. I never thought of it that way, but it's kinda true. :)
Loved your posts! When we were at the AT & T store getting my new phone Seth kept saying "Mom, will you PLEASE get me a phone with letters and a space bar?!?". Yes, my 4 year old felt he needed a blackberry as well!
Post a Comment