I bought a new phone. I very UNCHARACTERISTICALLY fasted and prayed about this. Did I want an iPhone? The new G1? The new Blackberry?
Well, I went with the Blackberry (sorry iPhone fans). I love it. It does the job. But, I could not figure out how to use it (or some features). I had to hand it to Kelsey so she could show me how to do something... I have become my grandmother who could not set her VCR! Dang.
Then, Kelsey was walking out to school today. It got cold again - 40 degrees (that qualifies for cold here). The fool is wearing flip flops. I could hear myself saying, what are you doing wearing flip flops - it is cold out there. What is wrong with you? Another sign of age... Preaching about the weather and lack of appropriate footwear... Again I can hear my grandmother.
And finally, I loved a non-fiction book. We just read John Adams in book club. It it SO GOOD. Go and read it right now! I want to watch the HBO mini-series now. From what I hear, it is awesome. I have decided he was a great man who we should know more about. He was one of the Founding Fathers, our 2nd President and we don't hear much about him. It is slow for the first 150 pages or so, don't give up.

So there you go. I willing read non-fiction, can't use technology and preach about the weather. How did this happen?
4 comments:
Ummm...you and I both know the iphone is better. Admit it. You SETTLED. Now you're an OLD SETTLER. I'm with you about the flip flops...everyday with Maddie.
HAHAHA! Loved this post. Could totally relate. I got my new BB and was stumped too. The twins helped me!! Love the BB!
I like your phone. I have phone envy. And the book was great. But I'm ready for fiction again.
This is from Hyrum
From the Title I thought you were going to say John Adams was the president when you were born. HAHAHAHA
Post a Comment