Friday, January 16, 2009

Just Keeping On

I wish I had a great picture to post, since they are way more fun than my boring rants, but alas I was too lazy to take a picture of Caroline's outfit creation this morning. It included leg warmers, and a scarf. Allie, bless her heart, just can't keep up. She prefers Sophie fashions - jeans and a crappy tee-shirt (most of the time with some sort of reference to soccer written on it).

This week has flown by in a wave of sameness. School, work, kids, etc. etc. We went to the HS to see about Kelsey's classes for next year. It was the learn how this works night. Since I made lots of mistakes with Ryan, I am getting smarter now (much to Kelsey's fear). By the time Allie and Caroline make it up there I will really have it down. Now, if Kelsey and I can get through the course selection without a major knock-down drag out fight I will consider it a success.

I think Sophie might have had a migraine. I got a call from school she had a headache - she was crying it hurt so badly. She threw up. She had vision issues. This does not bode well for her long term. We will just have to watch her and see. Another thing to add to my ever growing list of things to keep track of.

Off to the Houston Marathon Expo today. Marathon, and for me 1/2 marathon, day will be here soon. Of course, they are predicting rain at the start. Not my favorite, but oh well. Since I am on the "lets just finish" team, I think it will be great. No stress, just fun!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love how real you are on your blog, it's so refreshing and you crack me up!

I never had a migraine until I was married, and I never want one again. Too bad I've had 3 more since. What's up with that? It just feels like a metal hammer is being pounded in my skull for hours...SO not fun. My mom has RX for her migraines, but recommended Advil Migraine to me once, which worked wonders...just a thought in case, heaven forbid, there's a next time. Hope Sophie is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

The marathon thing--you are my hero.

Laurie said...

Run Carrie RUN!