We finished! Yeah!!! In case you are wondering, A half marathon is 13.1 miles. And I felt every step of it!The race was great - it was so much fun. I have been running with a group each Saturday. And as a breakoff of the group, I have gathered a group of four women who run with me a couple of days a week. They make it fun. We laugh and enjoy our time out there - it makes getting up prior to 5AM to prepare for the run worth it. And, as some have pointed out, it is cheaper than therapy.
One of our group is new - and she was not planning to run the 1/2 with us. Since she has completed a marathon before I know she could do it. The rest of us were just trying to finish - and as Jennifer would point out - enjoy the journey.
We went out for some carbo loading the night before. Here we are dressed with makeup.

Before the race hitting the port-a-pottie BEFORE they got too stinky.
Now if you looked closely you might see some of these folks, OK everyone by me, put makeup on BEFORE the race. What the heck??? I wipe sweat off my face on my arm too much and it would not be a good look to have makeup smudged all over my shoulder.
After. All medaled up. We did it!!!

Allison served as photographer - Thank you. She even got one of Eric and I after the race. He of course did the full marathon - his 45th. But, I have decided the full for him is the same hit on his body as the half for me. He hasn't grown five kids inside HIS body - am I right?
If you had told us 10 years ago we would be able to pose together after a race having both completed it, we would not have believed you. But, here we are.
Now I need to keep running. I need to add in some Pilates to help my core as well, but we are going to keep going. I have run a half before, and then I just fall apart, get fat and have to start all over again when training begins in July. Not this year! My posse won't let that happen.
Next up? Maybe the Cowtown Half Marathon! Watch out Fort Worth, here we come!
11 comments:
WAY TO GO! Man, that makes me want to go out and run one right now. That's so fun that you have a group of ladies to do it with you. I can't believe Eric has run 45 marathons! How many half marathons does that make for you?
It was fun. Thanks for blogging. Yours is so good, I may just post a link on mine:) Do you mind?
I am so proud of you! And I'm with ya on the 1/2= full for Eric! I'm sure he doesn't have to worry about his inside's falling out while he runs! Congrats to you both. What a great accomplishment--and #45 for Eric? That's awesome!
Great job Pearsons! woohoo.
Congrats to you Carrie!!! Never say never on the full marathon.
Congratulations! That is a definite accomplishment!! I can't believe Eric has run 45 marathons. I have to admit I think you're all a little crazy ;-)But I'm just jealous that I couldn't do it!
WOW that is so great all y'all did that together! How fun. Looks like y'all went to Campioni...good choice.
45 marathons?!?!?
I can't believe Eric has run 45! Great job Carrie!!
WAY TO GO!!! One more reason why I want to be you when I grow up...but I do not want to ever get up at 5:00 to exercise...sorry charlie!
I'll just be the un-fit sister...kay???
Woo hoo! Congrats!
you Pearsons are amazing! way to go, Carrie! i just feel good when i run 3 blocks. maybe someday...
Post a Comment