Friday, November 07, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This



You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
Ryan had his last football game last night. This year of lasts is making me very sad. It is turning me into a country lyric quoting fool. Tears and all.
But it is so true. Just last year this boy was 12 and making me nuts, and now he is getting ready to leave, go on a mission, and never really come home again. He'll be here, but it will not be the same.
So, hug those babies. When you are in the car for 2 hours after school each day driving car pool remember that you indeed will miss this...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm not used to the sappy Carrie. It's making me a little uncomfortable.

Laurie said...

I love that song...see if you would add music you could have it playing the background...making it and especially profound post!

jt said...

you're killing me. i'm right behind you...I like to listen to that song when I'm mopping the floor and doing laundry.

Jennifer said...

I needed to read that. Thanks for the reminder.

Heather said...

Oh goodness!! I remember when Ryan was 12 too, now Hunter is 12 and I'll be in your shoes before you know it. You still made me smile though, you coutry lyric quoting fool you.