Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Am Bad Sore

When you embark on a workout, there are two types of sore you can encounter. The good - you feel where you have worked out, but can still function. And the bad - you can't roll over in bed, walk, go to the bathroom. I am the bad.

I have been wanting to add pilates back into my regimen. I know the benefits. I know how it makes me feel. I know I run better when I am doing it. Time is not my friend, but I got myself to class on Friday. It is at 11:45 and we all know that time is horrible, but I did it anyway.

I knew I had to run 8 miles on Saturday, so I did not even PUSH myself to my breaking point. But I obviously, did push myself.

Saturday am I was sore, but thought I would run in off. By mile 7 I wanted to die and it was sheer will that got me in and done. I then spent 4 hours on the couch/in bed/in bath. Working out is supposed to give you MORE energy, not less. Another sign of bad sore.

So now it is Sunday morning. I still can hardly move. I HATE TO BE THIS OUT OF SHAPE! So, we begin another week. I will run my miles. I will even torture myself in pilates again this week - lets just hope I can walk next weekend...

1 comment:

Becca J said...

dang woman, really sore and still running 8 miles - way to go. Good luck this week ;)