Sunday, February 10, 2008

Go Kelsey



Kelsey worked with a small group to create a project for History Fair. She had to do this as a class project. She had the best project in her class, and one of the best as judged from the History Dept at Willow Wood Junior High School.


So, she got to go to regions. For this opportunity, we needed to be up at the Woodlands at 8:00 am on a Saturday. She spent the morning being judged, answering questions, etc. She left at lunch and did not stay around for the judging.


Well she should have because she and her group won first place! So, now it is on to State. We will all get to go to Austin in May so she can compete there. Who would have thunk it? I am very proud of her!


AND - she did it on how women served during the Civil War and I am all about girl power!
I am off to the sunny state of California this week. I come back to go to Kelsey's choir conceert in San Antonio at TMEA, and then packing, packing and more packing - oh and some moving and upacking as well!
Have a great week.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to to Kels!!!! That is awesome!!!

Jonah said...

Way to go!! I am so impressed!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Kelsey how wonderful we think she is! Good luck at State.

P.S. Her hair is so pretty & grown-up looking (all teen, no baby anymore!)

erica e said...

Good Job Kelsey!

Becca J said...

You have reason to be proud! That's great! Tell her congrats!! Maybe she'll get some scholarships out of it.. ;)