
Anyone who knows me knows I am a sentimental fool. Songs really get to me, and I can cry at the drop of a hat. Especially relationship stuff - imagine me at 16. Maybe I do owe my parents an apology...
But I digress. As has been stated we had Rachel here for the weekend. Before they moved we had the awesome opportunity to see Wicked with Rachel and Becky. It was great. I LOVE LOVE the music from the show.
When it became apparant that the Hansen's were really going to move and break our hearts, I told Sophie we should get a picture of she and Rachel and type out the words to this song, For Good, and make a collage. She looked at me like I had three heads (she looks at me that way a lot).
We did not do it. Fast forward to Sophie's birthday. Rachel got her a charm from James Avery for her bracelet, and then this pillowcase arrived. It is filled with pics of the two of them through the years - from the time they were three to present. Becky then typed out many of the words to For Good and put them on the side with the one big picture of the two of them.
What can I say, great minds think alike!! Or Becky is as sentimental as me. I will go with the former. Now we have this great keepsake of the two of them, and a tie in to Wicked. Some of the lyrics for those who don't know:
I’ve heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return…
…So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You’ll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend.
Who can say if I’ve been changed for the better?
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good.
Glinda and Elphaba
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return…
…So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You’ll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend.
Who can say if I’ve been changed for the better?
Because I knew you,
I have been changed for good.
Glinda and Elphaba
3 comments:
That's sweet. Great idea!! I never did see that, too bad for me, wish I did. What, your kids look at you like you are crazy? I NEVER get that ha!
Love the post and the song. This reminded me of Michaela giving me the hairy eyeball when you opened up a mirror with "a spring between our hearts" handlettered around the frame. She said this to me and it touched me so I will never forget it. For her it was a simple offhand comment.
One day when she has her own....
I'm so glad you liked it!! I need to make one for Rachel...probably waterproof because I know she'll cry herself to sleep on it every night!
Post a Comment