Homecoming for Tomball High School was a little more interesting for the Pearson house this year. Kelsey was nominated for Junior Homecoming Duchess. Then she won! She was nominated by a group of her cross country friends - and did not even know that she had been nominated until they announced she was a contender. We found out she won after the homecoming parade at the community pep rally. Kelsey had walked with the cross country folks instead of riding on the homecoming court float. This is what she looked like when she was announced as the winner
I guess I can be glad she had her shirt on!
She had not planned on going to the homecoming dance- she and some of her friends had decided they would get dressed up, go to dinner, and watch a movie or something. Of course, she still wanted a mum - so poor Aaron, her boyfriend (or in Kelsey speak boyf) got her a mum. I still don't understand this Texas thing, but her mum was really cute and she loved it.
I do not have any pictures from the homecoming game where she was announced as the Duchess of the Junior Class. I am hoping to get some soon, but wanted to post while it was still fresh in my mind. Eric and I almost did not make it there to walk her on the field - a combination of Eric being slow and ornery, and a wreak on 249 led to me having to run around the football field (in a dress and heels) to get there to walk her across. Eric was parking the car and did not make it. Since we were not there, the school allowed a couple of her friends to walk with her - so the pictures will be funny - Kelsey, me, and 3 of her cross country friends (who really were the ones to get her into this!) She looked beautiful, and I will find some pictures to post.
I do have a picture of her going to her "unhomecoming" dinner and movie. She looked beautiful.
Underneath her prickly, "I hate people" outside, is a sweet, tender, loving young woman who is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.
It was fun for all of us to live vicariously through the experience - I certainly would have NEVER been chosen for anything in high school - especially if left up to a vote of the student body. It was a great experience, and she is milking the "I am a Duchess" thing pretty hard.... Next year Queen?





No comments:
Post a Comment