Sophie is 14. I can't believe it. They tell you time flies by, and I never really believed it when my kids were little and I thought those days would never end, but now I do. She can go to dances - and next year hits the high school!
Sophie is my overachiever - she is a perfectionist in all she does. I have to remind her it is OK to let something slide a little bit (I have the opposite talks with her two older siblings).
Where might you find Sophie?
Playing soccer - she still loves to play soccer. She is developing into a great soccer player. She has a great work ethic and the coaches enjoy coaching her. She tries to be nice to everyone - and is really a nice person so when I see her going after it on the soccer field it surprises me (and a side note - she is not the only player who wears headgear as this picture shows. It is from her tournament this weekend - they won!)
Playing basketball. She just added basketball to her bag of tricks this year. She has really loved playing - too bad the HS soccer and basketball seasons are at the same time - she would enjoy trying to play in high school. She finally fouled out of her last game - her only thought? That should she have taken the girl out if she was going to foul out (it was a bogus call for foul 5).
Running - she runs cross country and the long distances in track. She has a real talent for running, but does not love it (even though this makes her dad sad). She will keep running, and I think she will run the rest of her life.
She is not just a jock - she tried out for percussion in 6th grade and made it. She still plays today. We are just starting drum line stuff..... Heaven help us now. It will be fun to see where she ends up. She wants to do marching band in HS.
Sophie is a great student - I have to tell her sometimes that a B is OK (Chinese Tiger Mother I am not). She works really hard and I think she is going to give herself an ulcer at 14. She is hardest on herself.
As I watch her grow and develop, I am amazed at the young woman she is becoming. She has a strong faith, and strives to live her life in accordance with Gospel teachings. She tries to be nice to everyone (except maybe Kelsey), loves her family, and looks for ways to help. She is the only one of my children who bought Christmas presents for all the family with her own money.
I am grateful everyday to have her in our family - she keeps us running, but we would not want it any other way.
Happy Birthday Sophie!




6 comments:
Happy 14th Birthday Sophie! Tell her to enjoy her first dance!
Love that girl (and Kelsey, too)! Happy, Happy Birthday, Sophie!!
What a gem she really is! Happy birthday Sophie!
She's like the perfect daughter - I feel inferior to her, and she's in middle school!!! hahah .Happy birthday to Sophie! My mom still talks about how she was her favorite Sunbeam - that was SO long ago, but looks like my mom knows how to pick her favorites!!
Love your blog Carrie - your sense of humor and how real you are cracks me up and is so refreshing to read!!!
She is so beautiful! I love how well rounded she is sports and music. Michaela turned 14 6 months ago and still doesn't want to go to the dances.
Happy Birthday to an incredible young woman. :)
Post a Comment