I am not sure how this happened, but somewhere along the way my kids decided it is not Christmas without gingerbread houses. This year I made Kelsey and Sophie bake all the gingerbread - which made them think this was maybe not such as great tradition.... It also made for some interesting houses.
We always have a few extras who join us - everyone had at least one friend. Sophie and Catherine made their the day before, so they were not captured in photos.
 |
| Deep in Creation |
Finished creations - or at least finished houses!
 |
| MaryEllen Pratt shows off her design - complete with hot tub in the backyard. |
 |
| Allie's house - notice the A on the side? |
 |
| Caroline's house - complete with snow... |
 |
| Brooklyn Bodle - her house was the most "Martha" like. |
 |
| Kelsey's house |
 |
| Last but not least Julia's house - it was the "hurricane" house. |
It does take a while to do, but the girls love to make these each year. I know I will look back someday and wish someone wanted to make gingerbread houses again. So, this will remind me of the crazy fun times we had making houses in 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment