Friday, November 19, 2010

Peer Mediation

There is a program at the elementary school - Peer Mediation.  Ryan only attended Lakewood Elementary in the 4th grade, and I did not hear about this from him.  However, both Kelsey and Sophie submitted applications for this program, and neither one of them was accepted.

You can apply in 3rd or 4th grade.  Neither Caroline nor Allie applied last year.  This year I think they both applied, but it was Caroline who was accepted.  I knew it was an "honor" to be accepted (really only since my other two were not deemed good enough), so we were very happy for Caroline.

She has been going to school early two times a week for the past couple of months to learn how to mediate.  They have studied, and even taken a test.  Today was graduation. 

The Honorable Judge John Coselli was on hand to speak about the program, and encourage the new graduates and their parents.  I know we will put Caroline's mediation skills to use in this house.


Caroline showing off her certificate


Receiving her certificate from her friend Abby, a graduate from last year.
 Congratulations Caroline on a great achievement!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow great work Caroline!