Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall Is Here

No, not a post about nice fall leaves, chilling weather and a break from oppressive heat - because we are not getting any of that.  It is hot and humid and not going anywhere soon.

But fall does bring cross country and soccer back to the Pearson home.  I have not been able to make it to one of Kelsey's meets yet - I have been burning the candle at both ends with work and kids and life. 

However, Sophie's school hosted their first meet on Friday so the coach needed all the parents to help.  So, I did manage to get myself there and take a few pictures of her.


Sophie is coming across the finish line - can you see her looking up to see her time?  She placed second in a field of 103 runners.  She does not like the picture, but I do.

Kelsey had a friend whose dad was at their meet (happening at the same time as Sophie's meet), and then brought a couple of them over to see the end of the WillowWood meet.  It made for a cute picture of my two running girls.


Kelsey did well at her meet and improved her time.  She won't tell me any more than that, so we will leave it at that.


Kelsey, Merritt, Rachel and Natalie goofing off after the meet.  After this they all came to our house to spend the night - and then four more friends came over.  I think they just sat around, talked and ate.  Since most of them had just run in a meet, I guess it was deserved.

The next morning brought more soccer.  This was a picture from last week - one of the moms on the team takes pictures for us and sends them out.  This was a cool header.


And as she gets older, the physicality of soccer gets worse.


As you can see she gives it out as well as taking it.

That is it from Pearson central.  Soccer, cross country sweating, school and work.  Next week - my baby girls turns 16.  Am I ready for it?

No comments: