Monday, April 06, 2009

Why I Love TV Church

I could go on and on about how I love to listen to the leaders of our church give us wisdom. And while that is somewhat true, the reality is I love not going anywhere all day. I stayed in the same PJ's I woke up in - and then slept in them again. If that grosses you out, sorry. It is the truth.

I did take the time to let a little inner Martha come out with homemade whole wheat waffles, bacon, sausage (because some of my people do not like bacon and I aim to please), homemade buttermilk syrup (heaven on earth - we won't talk about the ingredients), and strawberries and cool whip for those who wanted that on their waffles. Now, it would have been really good if I had snapped a picture. But I didn't. You will have to take my word for it that it was really good.

I did indeed listen to conference. My favorite General Authority, church leader, is Jeffrey R. Holland. The fact he personally signed my diploma from BYU which might have something to do with it, but it is really the way he says things. The topics he takes on. And how it makes me think. This year he did not disappoint talking about the Atonement. I LOVED it. And, it did make me pause and think.

Also I love this quote by President Thomas S. Monson. "Your future is only as bright as your faith."

But really, the high of the day was lack of hygiene. I did brush my teeth - which is more than I can say for some of the kids..... No more TV church for 6 months. And by then Ryan will be on his mission. Yes, this thought was rolling around in my head during conference. And it did make me sad. It is where I will want him to be, but it will not be the same without him here. OK I will stop now before I get too sappy.

2 comments:

MarlaKD said...

I'm right there with you! I love attending church on my couch! And I loved, loved, loved Elder Holland's talk. Just thinking about it makes me teary-eyed all over again. I think we may just have to watch that one every year on Easter Eve for a new family tradition.

Jennifer said...

You gotta love a two-night pj event. The brunch sounds awesome...and there was whole wheat, right? So it sounds healthy to me.